Skip to Main Content

Insurance Requirements

Thank you for your interest in providing services to the Tallahassee Housing Authority (THA). We routinely solicit plumbers, electricians, painters, roofers, grounds maintenance, concrete work, drywall, and unit cleaning/rehab/repair.

Construction contractors may be required to submit a copy of the bidder’s business license allowing that entity to provide such services within the City of Tallahassee, Leon County, and/or the State of Florida.

1. Workers Compensation Insurance. An original certificate evidencing the bidder’s current industrial (worker’s compensation) insurance carrier and coverage amount (NOTE: Workers Compensation Insurance will be required of any Contractor that has employees other than just the owner working on-site to provide the services);

2. General Liability Insurance. An original certificate evidencing General Liability coverage, naming the Agency as an additional insured, together with the appropriate endorsement to said policy reflecting the addition of the Agency as an additional insured under said policy (minimum of $1,000,000 each occurrence, general aggregate minimum limit of $1,000,000, together with damage to premises and fire damage of $50,000 and medical expenses any one person of $5,000), with a maximum deductible amount of $5,000;

3. Automobile Insurance. An original certificate showing the bidder’s automobile insurance coverage in a combined single limit of $1,000,000. For every vehicle utilized during the term of this program, when not owned by the entity, each vehicle must have evidence of automobile insurance coverage with limits of no less than $100,000/$300,000 and medical pay of $5,000.

Please note, once your information has been accepted, should any of your business information (ie. Name, phone number, address, email or insurance coverage) change, it is your responsibility to notify our office.