Job Announcement - Assistant Director of HCV Program
Position: Assistant Director of Housing Choice Voucher Program
Hire Date: Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Reporting to the Director of Housing Choice Vouchers (HCV) Program, this position directly supervises Waiting List Management, Quality Control, Inspections, Project Base Voucher Initiatives and all Special Programs including Family Self Sufficiency and Homeownership Programs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as a technical expert on the HCV Program. Monitors THA's SEMAP compliance, including Housing Assistance Payments and HCV Voucher utilization, making strategic recommendations to the Director to ensure maximization.
- Performs Business Analyst Functions, including the management of data from various systems and the compilation and presentation of various reports.
- Prepare/revise job descriptions as necessary; evaluate performance of employees, delegate work assignments.
- With guidance from the Director interpret Board of Commissioner approved policies, HUD regulations and program guidelines to ensure the Authority's compliance with all Federal, State and Local requirements. Keep abreast of changes in regulations that will affect the administration of programs. Inform and train staff in regulatory requirements. Provide information to the public as appropriate.
- Responsible for audit preparation, SEMAP reviews, confirmation and submission.
- No less than once per year, assist in reviewing the Administration Plan. Prepare and implement administrative policies and procedures covering all functional areas, with input from staff.
- Prepare funding applications for the Director's review and submit to HUD for review and approval.
- Monitors THA system of record, applicable HUD systems (e.g. PIC and EIV) and works with HCV Program Coordinator to implement corrective actions.
- Assists in assuring that THA has complete household histories for program participants and conducts monthly random quality control reviews of at least 6 files for each staff person on a monthly basis.
- Provides oversight of the informal administrative hearing function.
- Conduct ongoing reviews of established payment standards, exception rents, rent reasonableness standards and utility allowance schedules. Recommend revisions and implement when approved.
- Oversee compliance with Housing Quality Standards established by HUD. Negotiate and approve agreements with owners for achieving compliance with HQS.
- Investigate all complaints of owner contract violations. Approve abatement and termination of payments to owners based upon HUD regulations and Authority policies.
- Provide guidance to Housing Specialists in administering all aspects of application intake, certification and occupancy.
- Conducts monthly or regular staff meetings to provide updated information on HUD Regulations, THA Policy, work flow and productivity.
- Provide weekly & monthly productivity reports associated with staff production.
- Evaluate staff and provide feedback as a group and one on one when they do not meet there goals.
- Confers with the HCV Director regarding specific problems that may arise and solicits recommendations for remedial action.
- Perform other duties as required.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Public Administration, Urban Development or related field, Master's Degree preferred, and at least three or more years of experience managing a Housing Choice Voucher Program or other housing related program; or seven or more years of experience performing Federal Program management related to housing.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must be bondable.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel Software.
- A drug screen and criminal background check will be performed.
Required Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) program.
- Familiarity with assisted rental housing programs and the local housing market and strategies preferred.
- Previous experience working with continuous improvement processes.
- Ability to understand, interpret, apply and explain federal and agency policies regulations, and procedures.
- Ability to compile and organize reports.
- Ability to perform under constant pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally, individually and in groups, with internal contacts, tenants, property owners, and other external contacts as appropriate.
- Ability to effectively write letters, reports, procedures and maintain documentation.
- Ability to read, write and speak English. Ability to read, write, and speak Spanish is desirable.
- Ability to establish effective partnerships with the public, business and community service organizations.
- Working Conditions/Physical Requirements Typical office environment and able to attend meetings, trainings and travel to THA sites unaccompanied.
Interested applicants please email resume.
TALLAHASSEE HOUSING AUTHORITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To see all available positions, visit our Job Opportunities page.