Maintenance Repair Tech 1
Position: Maintenance Repair Tech 1
Classification: Maintenance Repair Tech 1
Supervisor: Lead Maintenance Mechanic
Salary: $15.00 - $18.08 hourly
Under the direction of the Lead Maintenance Mechanic performs semi-skilled maintenance and repair tasks and installations on Authority grounds, apartments and equipment as assigned. Must demonstrate, through performance, a knowledge of basic heating, carpentry, painting, electrical and grounds maintenance.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Performs required, planned and corrective maintenance to buildings, fixtures, systems and equipment.
2. Performs routine, plumbing, electrical, masonry and carpentry tasks.
3. Performs preventive and cyclical maintenance on equipment, appliances, and carpentry components as scheduled.
4. Completes work orders according to established time standards.
5. Installs and removes various appliances and equipment such as ranges, air conditioner units, space heaters and wall furnaces. Moves refrigerators as necessary.
6. Performs building and grounds maintenance and repair tasks through the use of such tools and equipment as, but not limited to: common hand tools, wrenches, pipe cutters, drain augers, shovels, rakes, lawn mowers, caulking guns, trowels, paint spray gun, saws, drills etc.
7. Operates heavy equipment including, but not limited to, sewer machine, sand blasting machine, etc. as needed.
8. Performs tasks to maintain Authority tools and equipment.
9. Responds to after hour emergency calls as necessary and in accordance with THA policy.
10. Maintains grounds by cleaning up debris, mowing lawns, raking grass and leaves, trimming shrubs and trees, edging and weed eating.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Abilities
1. Demonstrated knowledge and skill in applying knowledge in plumbing, electricity, heating, carpentry, painting, and mechanical equipment.
2. Knowledge of the methods, practices, tools, and materials used in building maintenance and repair and grounds keeping.
3. Knowledge of the occupational hazards and applicable safety precautions of the assigned work.
4. Demonstrated ability to perform minor heating and plumbing repairs.
5. Demonstrated ability to perform building maintenance tasks of varying difficulty with limited supervision,
6. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, residents, contractors, and the general public.
7. Ability to follow oral and written instructions in English
8. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing in English.
1. Ability to operate a variety of carpentry, electrical, and plumbing equipment, tools, and machines.
2. Ability to work/inspect in wet, damp, hot, cold, confined, or dusty places.
3. Ability to climb ladders or enter crawl spaces in order to gain access to work areas.
4. Ability to work while standing for extended periods of time.
5. Ability to handle ranges and refrigerators using appliance hand trucks.
6. Ability to move or carry objects up to 70 pounds.
7. Ability to move or carry objects in excess of 70 pounds with the assistance of a hand truck or additional persons.
Minimum Education, Training, and/or Experience
1. Graduation from a standard high school or GED equivalent with at least three (3) years' experience in building and grounds maintenance.
2. Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which, in the sole determination of the Housing Authority, provides the required knowledge and abilities may be considered sufficient.
1. Must possess a valid Florida driver's license and reliable transportation.
2. Must be bondable.
3. Criminal background checks and drug screen will be performed on all applicants.